Simple Beer BBQ Sauce
You can make this year beer bbq sauce at home using your favourite bock beer, a style that has a high malt character with toasty and nutty aromas.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 12 oz bock (or other malty beer)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp regular paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you want more kick)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar; packed
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients in a sauce pan and turn heat to medium, bringing sauce to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ.